Understanding How the Bush Administration
Destroyed the U.S. Economy
Submitted by: Tod Baker
The U.S. economy destruction tactics created by the Nazis in the 1920 to 1945 time frame were resurrected by Richard Nixon. Today they are being used indiscriminately. Nobody has ever bothered to outlaw them. Replacing an old gang of crooks with a new gang of crooks is not acceptable.
One of the commonest causes of specie extinction is an inability to cope with parasites. Parasites range in size from the microscopic (disease) to humanoid
(criminals). Humans are as vulnerable as any other specie. These are brief abstracts (fair use) of various data on the Internet.
I. Economic sabotage, II. Health care, III. Population plagues.
******************** Article I - Economic sabotage, destruction of the economy - George's second great depression
1. Introduction, The adverse impact of corruption - Every criminal knows that it is a lot more fun to cause disasters than to prevent them. Prevention is nothing but hard work - something no self respecting criminal would ever be caught doing. Hence one of the worst aspects of corrupt government is the fostering of disasters. In the case of feast and famine cycles, they really do not do much to increase feasting other than encourage a wasteful life style. Where they excel is in making famines far worse. They cleverly come up with ways of turning oil depletion into food depletion as well. They concoct thousands of clever plans for destroying everything. What is needed is a plan for detecting the chemical/biological markers of criminals "in utero" and aborting the problems before they ever get started.
There are hundreds of tactics to sabotage the economy and most require little effort. These include rationing, wage controls, price controls, abuse of monopoly power, price gouging, alternate day purchasing, manipulation of supply, manipulation of demand, sabotage of goods, sabotage of services, store shutdowns, trade restrictions, the misuse of labor, malfeasance and dereliction of duty by management, the misuse of resources (e.g. using food for fuel), etc. The net effect of manipulations is a reduction in the performance of the economy.
Even when no criminal intent is involved, most decisions by humans are wrong decisions. It pays to investigate new projects to ensure that they are not motivated by greed, malice or criminal intent. Once it becomes obvious that a wrong decision was made, damages should be minimized by immediately reversing the decsion.
********** 2. Mismanagement of the money supply - In January 2001 criminals successfully infiltrated the U.S. Department of the Treasury and immediately began an eight year program to sabotage the U.S. economy. By every measure, GDP growth, jobs, median incomes, unemployment, bankruptcies, financial-market performance, George Bush stacks up as the most destructive President on the economic front since Herbert Hoover. The fundamental tactics were pioneered by the Nazis in the 1920 to 1945 time frame as a clever way of wiping out the U.S. economy, thus ensuring an easy Nazi victory.
The Federal Reserve still refuses to release its extreme deflationary death grip upon the U.S. economy. The annual growth rate of the money supply, instead of its correct (neutral) 4 percent per year growth rate, has been maintained at an extreme deflationary zero percent growth rate since January 2005 (see federalreserve.gov, money stock, M1 or M11). The rate was an extreme inflationary 7 percent from January 2001 to December 2004. A 4 percent growth rate is neither inflationary nor deflationary. This has effectively destroyed the economy. An extreme inflationary monetary policy is also know of as creating bubbles. An extreme deflationary monetary policy is also known of as bursting bubbles. The crooks are doing everything but what they should be doing, as usual.
Destroying the economy is a very obvious criminal activity. It violates 18 USC Chapter 105, sabotage. As invariably occurs in these cases, it is not the lack of a law, but the failure to enforce the law that is the cause of the problem. A large amount of palm greasing and financial conflict of interest also is involved, as well as good old fashioned treason against the United States. You are dealing with the type people that would murder their own mother for an ounce of gold if they thought they could get away with it. Legal documents (eg 18 USC) can be obtained from: http://uscode.house.gov/download/download.shtml
3. Who is behind it all? While there is a remote possibility that a strong neo-Nazi movement has developed in Germany without being detected, today there are plenty of other economic competitors who would like to see the United States knocked out of the playing field. In addition there are thousands of corrupt special interests within the U.S. who stand to make huge profits off a sabotaged economy. Trillions of dollars are at stake. With the best government (and Wall Street) that money can buy, a well trained news media is acting too stupid to be credible. It is grand larceny at a trillion dollar level. A complete accounting of who did what would be very interesting; but may or may not ever happen.
4. The Return to Deficits - Jim Young / Reuters When President Bush took office in 2001, Republicans and Democrats in Washington had built a strong consensus on the need for fiscal responsibility. Bush blew that apart within a few months. With the country in a recession, a temporary return to deficits was inevitable. But Bush's tax cuts and spending increases and clear disdain for the pay-as-you-go approach that had brought deficits down in the 1990s brought a return to permanent deficits. These actions almost certainly didn't cause the current crisis, but they have left the Federal Government in a much weaker position to combat it.
5. Iraq - War is a disaster - Doing a cost-benefit analysis on a war is awfully hard. There are just too many what-ifs. But the cost of invading and occupying Iraq has been staggeringly high whether you believe the $3 trillion figure of economists Linda Bilmes and Joseph Stiglitz or side with the Congressional Budget Office estimate of a mere trillion or two. It's the biggest part of the explanation for the Bush-era budget deficits. So even if you think the war did bring benefits to the U.S., they would have to be pretty gigantic to justify the cost.
6. Tax Cuts for the Rich - When Ronald Reagan slashed taxes on capital gains and high earners in the early 1980s, inflation was pushing the middle class into top tax brackets, financial markets had been stuck in a funk for 15 years and income inequality had been declining for almost five decades. Like him or not, the man's actions fit the times and the U.S. economy boomed for most of his two terms in office. Bush came to Washington facing almost diametrically opposing economic conditions, yet he offered up the same solutions as Reagan. Guess what: They caused severe damage to the economy.
7. Financial Regulation - The only major piece of regulatory legislation enacted during the Bush years was the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which dramatically increased regulation of corporate financial disclosures. The really big regulatory changes being pointed to now as possible culprits for the crisis date back to Bush's predecessors: Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, even Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford. So the popular Democratic refrain that "Bush-era deregulation" is to blame for our troubles is a little hard to square with the evidence. What is true is that most Bush-era financial regulators were less than enthusiastic about the very act of regulating, and that Bush's "ownership society" push glossed over a lot of potential dangers. Bush didn't cause the financial regulatory breakdown, but he didn't jump in to fix it either.
8. Encouraging waste - After the 9/11 terrorist attacks, President Bush didn't call for sacrifice. He called for shopping. "Get down to Disney World in Florida," he said. "Take your families and enjoy life, the way we want it to be enjoyed." Taken on its own, this wasn't such a horrible sentiment. But Boston University historian Andrew Bacevich has made a convincing case that it was part of a broader pattern of encouraging financial irresponsibility. "Bush seems to have calculated cynically but correctly that prolonging the credit-fueled consumer binge could help keep complaints about his performance as Commander in Chief from becoming more than a nuisance," Bacevich wrote in the Washington Post in October. Now the public has piled up a huge debt.
9. Energy Policy - Not much to say here, except that there wasn't an energy policy. Again, this wasn't new to the Bush era. But with a years-long oil-price slide finally coming to an end not long before he took office, the President's (and Vice President's) unwillingness to take serious steps to reduce the country's dependence on fossil fuels left the country vulnerable and way behind the rest of the developed world in preparing for a post-oil future.
10. A State of Denial - Every Administration spins and sugarcoats the economic truth. But the Bush White House took this disingenuousness to new levels. The surest way to get yourself fired as a Bush economic adviser was to say something that was true. Paul O'Neill was ousted from Treasury for warning about deficits. Larry Lindsey was kicked out of the top White House economic job for predicting in 2002 that the Iraq war would cost $100 billion to $200 billion, far below the actual cost but much more than what the White House was officially projecting. This disdain for reality, and for expertise, pervaded the Bush economic approach, and made it impossible for the Administration to react intelligently to real-world economic problems like the housing bubble.
11. The Fumbled Bailout - It could have been much worse. For the first time, Bush gave someone with more expertise than political bona fides, Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, control over economic policy and didn't let the hacks in the White House undercut him. It was no surprise that Paulson's financial rescue was strictly to enrich Wall Street, and had nothing for Main Street in it. No one knows what would have happened if his predecessor, John Snow, had still been in charge at Treasury when trouble struck. The main problem has been the ambivalence with which both Paulson and the White House have approached the financial rescue. They never had legitimate plans for how it should work.
12. Stimulus/trust/bailout/TARP funds - Herb Green / Post When you rob Peter to pay Paul, Paul becomes filthy rich while Peter slowly fades away. This tactic is extremely effective in producing massive unemployment by drawing cash out of the public in the form of a wide variety of ever increasing taxes and putting it into the pockets of the rich and super rich. It is very important to note that the public lives in the U.S., while a large percentage of the rich and super rich are outside the U.S. They include foreign governments and corporations as well as individuals. There has been a massive adverse impact upon imports and exports. This is a "just when you thought corruption couldn't get any worse" issue.
13. Devaluation of the dollar - The sudden devaluation of the dollar to more than $900 per ounce of gold was the largest since the Ronald Reagan years. Long term investment in the U.S. has been wiped out. Several other currencies, such as the Japanese yen, have shown far better long term stability.
14. The property tax spree - This was fueled by the extreme inflationary increase in money supply (money stock, M1 and M11) from January 2001 to January 2005. Not only did property values go up, but many jurisdictions increased their property tax rates as well. The United States has not lost its distinction of having the highest property tax rates on Earth. The impact upon the economy is devastating. An odd side effect is that although taxing authorities have never delayed a second in increasing assessments, many are reluctant to decrease assessed property values. Many have increased property tax rates as well. Property tax gouging is as American as apple pie. It is not unusual to find taxing authorities collecting more than fives times what they need to provide essential services.
******************** Article II - Death by health care - The modern all-American health care system is based upon six fundamental principles:
1. Always claim the origin of disease is mysterious and unknown.
2. Always use therapy that is the most expensive and the least effective.
3. NEVER cure anything. Diseases are TREATED, not cured.
4. Since 95 percent of disease is caused by bad diet, ALWAYS encourage bad eating habits (alcohol abuse, etc.).
5. If therapy causes the mutilation or death of a patient, it is the patient's problem, not the health care system's problem.
6. Adverse reactions to prescribed drugs, the improper prescription of antibiotics, unnecessary medical and surgical procedures, unnecessary hospitalization, and price gouging are rampant in the U.S.
The most stunning statistic is that the American medical system is one of the leading causes of death and injury in the US, with treatment killing an estimated 100,000 patients each year. By contrast, the number of deaths attributable to heart disease in 2001 was 699,697, while the number of deaths attributable to cancer was 553,251. Price gouging by drug companies results in patient under-dosing with insulin and other drugs. This results in an estimated 89,000 excess diabetic deaths each year. When price gouging amounts to nothing more than mass murder it is a criminal act that needs to be stopped immediately. The initiation of meaningful reforms is long overdue.
The following Internet sites are recommended as a starting point for obtaining current health care statistics: apps.nlm.nih.gov, dirline.nlm.nih.gov, hcupnet.ahrq.gov, pubmed.gov, unstats.un.org, vsearch.nlm.nih.gov, www.bls.gov, www.cdc.gov, www.census.gov, www.cms.hhs.gov, www.fedstats.gov, www.hhs.gov, www.lib.umich.edu, www.nih.gov, www.nlm.nih.gov, www.paho.org , www.usa.gov, and www.w3.org. There are many items, such as deaths from under dosing, that require you to conduct your own research or derive estimates from available data. Remember that the Internet is strictly censored so that anything the "establishment" does not like is not on the Internet. US health care spending reached $2.4 trillion in 2008, representing 16 percent of the nation's gross national product. No reversal of the trend is expected in the near future.
********** Article III - Population plagues - There is a complex interaction between the gravity of the moon and temperatures (determined by the day of the year). Weather patterns repeat every 19 years as the lunar year realigns itself with the solar year. There also are other patterns such as 48 year cycles. Thus the locust plague or the big drought that occurred 48 years ago may repeat itself again this year. Although weather conditions cannot be controlled, they can be monitored to provide advance warning of impending disasters. Today disasters are modified by modern technology, corrupt government and sometimes an invading army to make them more frequent and worse.
The importance of controlling infiltration can be seen in the development of national borders with unique national languages. Damage can be caused by slow immigration or by a rapid armed invasion. The point is that good times lead to gross overpopulation, gross overpopulation leads to the food running out, and the food running out leads to swarms of people or insects looking for more food far from home. See job statistics at www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/press/2009/ for graphs see http://www.data360.org/report_slides.aspx?Print_Group_Id=95 see federalreserve.gov, money stock, M1 or M11
Sincerely, Tod Baker, 7-18-2009
This open letter may be republished, broadcast, rewritten, and redistributed.
The Ascent of Money has serious omissions
See the review at: www.pbs.org/wnet/ascentofmoney/video/watch-a-preview-of-the-four-hour-documentary-the-ascent-of-money/31/
The problem is that Obama is continuing the Bush agenda instead of stopping it. There are millions of rats feeding on the King's treasury.
The attached file Bush.txt provides a quick summary of the three pronged attack upon the U.S. economy over the 2001 to 2009 time frame.
I. Economic sabotage II. Health care III. Population plagues
A massive increase in unemployment was produced by the "stimulus/bailout" spending spree started in 2008.
Employment data can be obtained from: www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/press/2009/ for graphs see http://www.data360.org/report_slides.aspx?Print_Group_Id=95 see federalreserve.gov, money stock, M1 or M11
Sincerely, Tod Baker, 7-18-2009
Disclaimer: A best attempt was made to cover all topics. Some major items were missed such as corrupt trade agreements that cause enormous economic damage. Violations of most Federal laws have been involved. See http://uscode.house.gov/download/download.shtml to obtain legal documents such as 18 USC.
This open letter may be republished, broadcast, rewritten, and redistributed.
Huge Virus Coming! Please Read & Share
Submitted by Susan Cobb
checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
I checked Snopes, and it is for real.
FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!
You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK, regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.
This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this web page to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.
If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN.
It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS.
REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US
In God We Trust
Submitted by: Helen Wright
Here is a new way to look at a deck of cards!!
Deck of Cards
It was quiet that day, the guns and the mortars, and land mines for some reason hadn't been heard.
The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week.
As he was sitting there, he got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk.
Just then an army sergeant came in and said, 'Why aren't you with the rest of the platoon?'
The soldier replied, 'I thought I would stay behind and spend some time with the Lord.'
The sergeant said, 'Looks to me like you're going to play cards.'
The soldier said, 'No, sir. You see, since we are not allowed to have Bibles or other spiritual books in this country,
I've decided to talk to the Lord by studying this deck of cards.'
The sergeant asked in disbelief, 'How will you do that?'
'You see the Ace, Sergeant? It reminds me that there is only one God.
The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments
The Three represents the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost.
The Four stands for the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John .
The Five is for the five virgins there were ten but only five of them were glorified.
The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and Earth.
The Seven is for the day God rested after making His Creation.
The Eight is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives -- the eight people God spared from the flood that destroyed the Earth.
The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy He cleansed ten, but nine never thanked Him.
The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tablets made of stone.
The Jack is a reminder of Satan, one of God's first angels, but he got kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways and is now the joker of eternal hell.
The Queen stands for the Virgin Mary.
The King stands for Jesus, for he is the King of all kings.
When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one for every day of the year.
There are a total of 52 cards in a deck; each is a week - 52 weeks in a year.
The four suits represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
Each suit has thirteen cards -- there are exactly thirteen weeks in a quarter.
So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for.'
The sergeant just stood there. After a minute, with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart, he said, 'Soldier, can I borrow that deck of cards?'
Please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all of our soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line fighting
Prayer for the Military.
Please keep the wheel rolling. It will only take a few seconds of your time, but it'll be worth it to read on....
Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands.
Bless them and their families
I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our servicemen and women all around the world.
There is nothing attached, but this can be very powerful.
Of all the gifts you could give a Soldier, prayer is the very best one.
Do not stop the wheel, please -- just send this on.
When forwarding, please keep this letter clean by deleting all forwarding information from the subject line and from the top of the letter. In God I Trust! God Bless America!
A Most Amazing Day
July 20, 1969
By: Nannie Banannie
nom de plume
As time passes memories fade and facts unwittingly become distorted. For the last 40 years I have done everything within my power and beyond to 'memory proof' MY July 20, 1969.
It was a hot summer day, much like any other Sunday in July when my husband and I took our 4 year old daughter to Flushing Meadow Park, the sight of the 1964/1965 New York World's Fair. In addition to row boating on the man-made lake we also rented a four-wheeled surrey bike taking advantage of the many bicycle paths throughout the park. After enjoying our delicious picnic lunch, we heard about a free show for children about to start in one of the pavilions. Running as fast as we could, with a 4 year old in tow, we arrived only to find the arena filled to capacity. A kind bespectacled door person ushered us to 3 seats in the first row which he said was reserved for 'the press.'
So there we sat waiting, for what seemed forever, for the show to begin. At last curtain up, applause, music and an elaborately costumed cast of clowns appeared. Our daughter's mouth dropped, her eyes doubled in size as she sat mesmerized by what unfolded less than 3 feet in front of her. During intermission a CBS television crew appeared 'from nowhere' kneeling in front of us and interviewing my daughter for her opinion of the show thus far. The television crew also engaged my husband in a little conversation. When the 'interview' was over, we were informed that this segment would be on CBS Evening News at 6 PM.
We called everyone we knew to tune into CBS to watch. My in-laws drove over to our house so we could watch as a family. (Remember, this was long before VCR's). The CBS anchor said, “A beautiful Sunday for a picnic and children's magic show at Flushing Meadow Park.” “Here's the tape of our conversation with a precocious 4 year old girl and her dad.”
It was the very next moment that our hearts sank. “We interrupt this program for news about the Apollo Lunar landing with Walter Cronkite.” There are no words to describe the disappointment that followed. We were bumped.
That is MY unembellished and still quite vivid memory of the day Apollo landed on the moon.
My story has become compelling as shortly after the moon landing preempted my daughter's interview, my husband, her dad passed away. My daughter, now 44, has, from time to time verbalized that she would have liked to know what her father's voice sounded like. (Those were the days of silent 35MM film on home movie cameras).Several times over the last 40 years, I've tried to track down the footage from CBS archives for the interview with my daughter and her dad so she could 'hear' his voice. Need I say where this request ranks on the CBS News priority list.
And that's the way it was for me on July 20, 1969.
Gribenes Stuffed Matzo Balls
Suicide 101 How to Die with a Smile
By Mrs. Sy Baron
I have no idea why I decided to make chicken soup on a hot summer day, but make it I did. The full monty, the whole shebang!
After frying a few pieces of chicken liver with sauteed onions, I made the gribenes and stirred it into the liver mixture.
I formed the matzo balls as usual (box recipe), refrigerated for half hour and then pushed my thumb through the middle (not all the way down), and filled with the gribenes and liver. Then closed up the hole and refrigerated for an hour.
Boiled 6 quarts of water, dropped in the balls which sank. About 20 minutes after they began to float they were ready to be consumed in the soup.
Needless to say, they were abso-freakin'-lutely incredibly spectacularly delicious.
Within an hour, my fallen family took to their beds after massive doses of Pepto and Milanta. Chest pains followed but we all had a smile on our face.
Had to make that once in my life. If you've got a strong constitution, give it a try.
Good Luck & Enjoy!
4 cups chicken fat and skin, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or smaller
Pinch of pepper
1 cup onion rings, about 1/8-inch thick
- Wash fat and skin well in a colander, and pat dry.
- Place in a heavy skillet, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook, uncovered, over low heat
- When the fat starts to melt and get slightly brown, add onions
- Continue cooking until onions and cracklings are golden brown and crunchy.
- When partially cooled, strain over a bowl to remove onions and cracklings,
- Refrigerate them in a covered glass jar until ready to eat.
The One Flaw In Women
Submitted by: Helen Wright
By the time the Lord made woman,
He was into his sixth day of working overtime.
An angel appeared and said,
"Why are you spending so much time on this one?"
And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?
She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,
have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable
and able to run on diet coke and leftovers,
have a lap that can hold four children at one time,
have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart
--and she will do everything
with only two hands."
The angel was astounded at the requirements.
"Only two hands!? No way!
And that's just on the standard model?
That's too much work for one day.
Wait until tomorrow to finish."
"But I won't, "the Lord protested.
"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.
She already heals herself when she is sick
AND can work 18-hour days."
The angel moved closer and touched the woman.
"But you have made her so soft, Lord."
"She is soft," the Lord agreed "but I have also made her tough.
You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel...
The Lord replied,
"Not only will she be able to think,
she will be able to reason and negotiate."
The angel then noticed something,
and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.
"Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.
I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."
"That's not a leak,"
the Lord corrected,
"that's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.
The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy,
her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love,
her loneliness, her grief and her pride."
The angel was impressed.
"You are a genius, Lord.
You thought of everything!
Woman is truly amazing."
And she is!
Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
but they hold happiness,
love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy
and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer
when they believe there is a better solution.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel
and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about
a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member,
yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss
can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors...
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give
HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE TINY FLAW IN WOMEN,
IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.
PLEASE share with women friends and relatives to remind them just how amazing they are.
The Marines Want This To Roll Allover....
Submitted by: Helen Wright
This is my nephew. Please remember him and all those who are serving in your prayers. This war has finally hit closer to home for me. I would really appreciate
your prayers for Josh.
My Joshua is a Marine and he leaves for Afghanistan on July 20th so I am sending you this so you can help me Pray him home alive and well.
Thank You all for your prayers for my son.......The Marine
THE MARINES WANT THIS TO ROLL ALL OVER THE U.S.
Let's send it around the world.
This is a poem being sent from a Marine
to his Dad. For those who take the time
to read it, you'll see a letter from him to
his dad at the bottom. It makes you truly
thankful for not only the Marines, but
ALL of our Troops.
We all came together,
Both young and old
To fight for our freedom,
To stand and be bold.
In the midst of all evil,
We stand our ground,
And we protect our country
From all terror around.
Peace and not war,
Is what some people say.
But I'll give my life,
So you can live the American way
I give you the right
To talk of your peace.
To stand in your groups,
and protest in our streets.
But still I fight on,
I don't fuss, I don't whine.
I'm just one of the people!
Who is doing your time.
I'm harder than nails,
Stronger than any machine.
I'm the immortal soldier,
I'm a U.S. MARINE!
So stand in my shoes,
And leave from your home.
Fight for the people who hate you,
With the protests they've shown.
Fight for the stranger,
Fight for the young.
So they all may have,
The greatest freedom you've won
Fight for the sick,
Fight for the poor
Fight for the cripple,
Who lives next door.
But when your time comes,
Do what I've done.
For if you stand up for freedom,
You'll stand when the fight's done
By: Corporal Aaron M. Gilbert, US Marine Corps
USS SAIPAN, PERSIAN GULF
Do me a favor and label this 'The Marine' and send it to everybody on your email list. Even leave this letter in it. I want this rolling all over the US; I want every home reading it. Every eye seeing it. And every heart to feel it. So can you please send this for me? I would but my email time isn't that long and I don't have much time anyway.
You know what Dad? I wondered what it would be like to truly understand what JFK said in His inaugural speech. 'When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it.' Well, now I know. And I do. Dad, I welcome the opportunity to do what I do. Even though I have left behind a beautiful wife, and I will miss the birth of our first born child, I would do it 70 times over to fight for the place that God has made for my home. I love you all and I miss you very much. I wish I could be there when Sandi has our baby, but tell her that I love her, and Lord willing, I will be coming home soon. Give Mom a great big hug from me and give one to yourself too.
Please let this marine (and all our military) know we care by passing his poem onto your friends even if you don't usually take time to forward mail...do it this time!
Let's help Aaron's dad spread the word .... FREEDOM isn't FREE Someone pays for you and me.
God bless you!
Thank You Sarah Palin
Submitted by: Mrs. Sy Baron
Thank you Sarah Palin for dethroning Fran Drescher & Edith Bunker as the most annoying voice .
Thank you Sarah Palin for replacing Hillary Clinton type pantsuits with short skirts showing leg.
Thank you Sarah Palin for making the Bridge to Nowhere toll free.
Thank you Sarah Palin for defining a 'gotcha' question, to be what newspapers do you read.
Thank you Sarah Palin for breathing new life into Saturday Night Live.
Thank you Sarah Palin for renewing interest in banned books,making most Alaskan high school students more literate than you are.
Thank you Sarah Palin for teaching us a new way to connect with people, winking.
Thank you Sarah Palin for confirming that beauty IS only skin deep.
The Sounds of Hypocrisy
Submitted by: Linda K.
Republicans have often bellowed from the rooftops about moral conduct have really become nothing but hypocrites! They rally around anti-gay laws, and ends up being participate/caught in a gay liaisons, and the Republicans that wanted to have Clinton impeached are now caught up in illusive extra marital affairs themselves.
And what is this about? Some Republicans are saying that ‘they” are the only ones who love our country and support our troops. Have they lost their minds? I don’t know or associate with anyone that does not support our troops or love this great country of ours, and I have friends with many different political ideologies!
Ann Margaret....Woman of the Year story
Submitted by: Frosty
Viet Nam 1966
Richard, (my husband), never really talked a lot about his time in Viet Nam other than he had been shot by a sniper. However, he had a rather grainy, 8 x 10 black and white photo he had taken at a USO show of Ann Margaret with Bob Hope in the background that was one of his treasures.
A few years ago, Ann Margaret was doing a book signing at a local bookstore. Richard wanted to see if he could get her to sign the treasured photo so he arrived at the bookstore at 12 o'clock for the 7:30 signing.
When I got there after work, the line went all the way a round the bookstore, circled the parking lot and disappeared behind a parking garage. Before her appearance, bookstore employees announced that she would sign only her book and no memorabilia would be permitted.
Richard was disappointed, but wanted to show her the photo and let her know how much those shows meant to lonely GI's so far from home. Ann Margaret came out looking as beautiful as ever and, as second in line, it was soon Richard's turn.
He presented the book for her signature and then took out the photo. When he did, there were many shouts from the employees that she would not sign it. Richard said, 'I understand. I just wanted her to see it.'
She took one look at the photo, tears welled up in her eyes and she said, 'This is one of my gentlemen from Viet Nam and I most certainly will sign his photo. I know what these men did for their country and I always have time for 'my gentlemen.''
With that, she pulled Richard across the table and planted a big kiss on him. She then made quite a to-do about the bravery of the young men she met over the years, how much she admired them, and how much she appreciated them. There weren't too many dry eyes among those close enough to hear. She then posed for pictures and acted as if he were the only one there.
Later at dinner, Richard was very quiet. When I asked if he'd like to talk about it, my big strong husband broke down in tears. 'That's the first time anyone ever thanked me for my time in the Army,' he said.
That night was a turning point for him. He walked a little straighter and, for the first time in years, was proud to have been a Vet. I'll never forget Ann Margaret for her graciousness and how much that small act of kindness meant to my husband.
I now make it a point to say 'Thank you' to every person I come across who served in our Armed Forces. Freedom does not come cheap and I am grateful for all those who have served their country.
Perhaps this story will help others to become aware of how important it is to acknowledge the contribution our service people make.
On behalf of those who DO appreciate all that you did for us, thank you to each of you who receive this message who have served or are serving our country in the armed services or any other service.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!
Accused Child Molester or Global Pop Icon
Mrs. Sy Baron
Are we living in some kind of bizzaro world. Any loss of life is tragic, but this man was arrested more than once as an accused child molester. Now a flip of the remote to any channel & every newscaster is singing his praises. (pun intended). Have we all gone mad. I shall say no more lest you figure out of whom I speak.